1) Know your rights when you rent a house or apartment. Different states have different laws.
2) Review the lease. This should be a given but READ all the terms of the lease. Ask questions. Don't be shy or intimidated.
3) Protect your security deposit. Make sure your lease agreement has clear terms for what the security deposit will be used for and how deductions will be handled.
4) Do a move-in inspection and document the property condition with time stamped photos. Check that all appliances, plumbing, and electric outlets work and all windows open and doors lock. The RentCheck app makes move-in inspections a breeze and walks you through every step.
5) Communicate with your landlord in writing. Don't wait to report issues. Write an email to your landlord and explain the situation. Keep copies of all correspondence.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly